Thursday, November 8, 2007

Digital Dreams

For years I've been doing prints of my art for people who request them using Kinkos, CopyMax, or other local printers. However, that's rather time-consuming on my part (for what is, after all, a part-time hobby for me), and it also doesn't result in the best quality of prints (the way that 8pt cardstock absorbs ink just isn't ideal with the sort of printers most commerical places use).

Since this has been an ongoing minor issue, I've finally bit the bullet and set up an online store from which people can order prints of my work. Certainly you're still free to look at my art in my online gallery, which has pretty high-res images (compared to what most artists would put up if they hoped to sell their work), and that's not something I plan to change -- I'm not going to lower the quality of my online offering in hopes of making a few bucks on prints.

If you enjoy my work and want to make a contribution to my computer art software fund (haha), feel free to stop by the store. Or if you just really like a piece and want a print for your home, office, or a friend, you'll be hard-pressed to do as high a quality printing as these.

But no pressure! I'm really not out to get rich off these. If you want to use my art on your website or something like that (non-commercially), I'm still generally happy to grant rights to those who ask.





PS - If there's a piece that you really want that isn't in the store, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I just have too many pieces to be able to put them all online.

4 comments:

Stephen Parrish said...

Great idea. One thing that comes to mind is that these would make great prizes for bloggers who run contests.

How lightfast is the ink?

Karen Mahoney said...

I love these! Especially 'The Flood'... Really amazing.

Christopher M. Park said...

Stephen,
Well, without frames, the prints generally ship in 2-3 days. Framing is a lot more expensive and takes more like 6-10 days. Then the product ships from Washington state, so your shipping time would depend on what kind of shipping you select, and where the destination is.

Great idea on use as prizes for bloggers who run contests. At some point, when I'm organized enough to run contests myself, I'll have to do that.

Christopher M. Park said...

Thanks, Karen! Cool to hear that The Flood is your favorite, too -- everyone is different. I've always liked that one a lot, too, but no one else online has particularly commented on it vs many of the others in my galleries. Funny varied taste is!