Friday, November 30, 2007

A good way to end the month.

Three and a half pages today! I certainly didn't hit my goal for this month, but I did manage to make substantial progress on many levels (plotting, title, hook, writing, and revising), so I can't complain too much. Sometimes you just can't rush things but so much -- I well know that I'm capable of finishing a novel in a timely fashion. I finished each of my prior two in about two years, and this one is looking to take only about half of that overall. Despite the fact that I would have loved for this to happen in a total of eight months, for a part-time writer I think I'm doing pretty well. And quality has always been more important to me than quantity, so my impulse to "power through" when I'm not fully prepared for the material is quite low.

The stats as of today:
-43,750 estimated words.
-51,516 actual words.
-Eight and a half fully-revised-and-expanded chapters (141.5 pages total).
-175 pages in all.

No comments: